Baked Cod with Vegetables
An easy, tasty and very healthy main course that is a good source of vitamins and omega 3.
about 25 mins
- 2 x 200 g (2x 7 oz) Cod fillet
- 200 g (7 oz) potatoes
- 100 g (3.5 oz) carrots
- 100 g (3.5 oz) cherry tomatoes
- 50g (1.7 oz) La Rocca Naple-style Itrana baked olives
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (392 °F), 180 ° C (356 °F) fan.
2. Wash the vegetables. Take the potatoes, peel them and cut them into thin slices, then cut the carrots and the tomatoes in half and arrange everything on baking paper in a pan, leaving space for the cod. Drizzle with oil then season with salt and pepper and leave in the oven for half an hour.
3. Take the cod fillet, wash it and dry it gently. Remove any bones. When the vegetables have been cooking for 30 minutes, add the cod to the pan in the oven, sprinkle it with the Itrana alla Napoletana olives. Then add the finely chopped shallot, the remaining oil, salt and pepper and cook for another 20 minutes.
4. At the end of cooking, serve on “carasau” bread and serve with a very fresh white wine such as Greco di Tufo.