Stewed Cacciatora with Olives and Peppers
Cacciatora-style chicken is the perfect comfort food and is a heartwarming dish best served at the end of the day. If you can find it, choose a free-range chicken but if not, it will not affect the taste of the dish.
2 – 4
- 600g (21.1 oz) chicken cut into pieces (choose the parts you prefer, they are all suitable)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 5-6 Plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of White wine
- 50 g (1.7 oz) La Rocca Nocellara del Belice whole green olives
- 1 tsp. La Rocca Capers in salt, washed and drained
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop the onion and garlic, add them to a pan of oil and rosemary, then allow them to brown on a low heat.
- Wash and dry the cut chicken and add it to the pan, gently roasting it well on both sides. Add the white wine and let it simmer.
- In the meantime, wash the peppers and cut them. Add them to the chicken along with the plum chopped tomatoes, capers and olives, then add a little water if needed and cook on a medium heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and serve hot with plenty of croutons!